Peel back the years
Skin peels are a popular and simple way to freshen and perfect a glowing appearance to your skin. A Skin peel basically triggers a deep exfoliation process which reveals a new brighter you!
- Treatment customized to suit skin type and specific skin problem
- Procedure carried out by fully trained and experienced staff in a clinical environment
- Can return to normal daily activities after the treatment
Book a free initial no-risk consultation
We offer an initial free, no obligation consultation where we can address any concerns and questions you may have regarding the treatment. We can offer our expert advice on what options are available for you to deliver the desired result.
What are chemical peels?
All chemical peels involve applying a solution to the damaged outer layers of the skin in order to cause these layers to peel away leaving younger, smoother, more evenly pigmented skin beneath and a glowing appearance.
Which type of chemical peel is right for me?
Each treatment is customised for a patient's skin type and specific skin problem. The basic principle is the deeper the peel the better the results but the longer the recovery period.
The depth of a peel is dependent on:
- The concentration and type of acid used
- The number of coats of acid and the duration the acid is left on the skin
- A person's skin type and sensitivity
- If any pre-treatment has been carried out e.g. use of Retin-A
All of our chemical peels are carried out by aesthetic practitioners who are licensed to use stronger concentration of acids than those available over the counter or used by beauty therapists.
Preparing for the treatment
During your consultation a full medical history will be taken to assess your suitability, and the benefits and potential side effects will be discussed in full.
What is the treatment like?
Your skin will first be cleansed thoroughly and degreased. The chemical peel solution will then be applied to the skin. With Glycolic Peels a warm, mild prickling sensation is experienced; with a TCA peel this sensation is much more intense however the solution is only left on the skin for a few minutes before the skin is cooled with cold compresses.
How many treatments will I need?
Superficial peels such as glycolic peels require a course of 4-6 treatments every 2-3 weeks to achieve the optimum results. Medium TCA peels can be used as a one off treatment, however, depending on a patient's initial skin condition, some patients may wish to repeat the procedure after a few months to achieve even more dramatic results.
Who is not suitable for a chemical peel?
Chemical Peels are not advisable if you are pregnant or breast feeding or you have been prescribed Roaccutane in the past 6 months.
Are there any side effects?
Chemical peels are normally safe procedures when performed by a qualified, experienced doctor or nurse. However, some unpredictability and risks such as infection and scarring, while extremely infrequent, are possible.
Your visit to The Aesthetic MediSpa
- Your initial visit to The Aesthetic MediSpa begins with a FREE, no obligation consultation
- On arrival at the you will be asked to complete a confidential patient registration/medical records form and a skin typing form
- Your free consultation appointment typically lasts for around 30 minutes and is carried out by one of our Specialist Aesthetic Doctors or Practitioners
At The Aesthetic MediSpa we can assure you that you are in safe hands. You will only be seen by suitably qualified aesthetic professionals with a vast experience in medical aesthetic treatments. We do not believe in sales representatives at any of our MediSpas.
- Your consultation will begin by listening to and understanding your concerns and requirements and discussing how best we can meet and exceed your expectations
- We will clearly outline the treatment procedure, together with the benefits and any potential risks of the treatment
- Any questions you have about the process or treatment will be answered honestly so together we can decide on the most appropriate treatment for you
- Any necessary pre and post treatment care will also be explained in detail
- There is no obligation to book the treatment with us after your consultation, however, if you do wish to book a treatment this can be done for you after your consultation or at a later date via phone or e-mail
We appreciate that many of our patients have very busy schedules or travel a significant distance to attend ours, however unfortunately we cannot carry out the consultation and procedure on the same day. We feel it is better practice for you to have time to reflect on the information provided at the consultation and decide if this treatment is right for you.
Pre Treatment Advice
- Before your treatment you will be provided with a detailed consent form which you will be asked to read and sign
- You will have the opportunity to ask any other questions you have regarding the treatment
- You will also be provided with written pre and post treatment advice
- It is important that you inform us if there has been any change in your medical history or medication you are taking since your last visit
- Prior to your peel you may be advised to use pre-treatment creams, depending on your skin's condition. These creams are generally applied to the face at night for several weeks prior to the peel. By exfoliating the skin and reducing pigmentation themselves, they improve the results seen from chemical peeling. They may also reduce the time needed for healing. The creams usually include one or more of the following: Tretinoin, AHA or Hydroquinone (for tanned or dark skinned patients)
- Patients having a medium depth chemical peel who suffer frequently from cold sores may be advised to take anti-viral medication 2 days prior to their treatment and for 3 days after the treatment
- All make-up and moisturisers should be removed from the area to be treated prior to your appointment time
- Jewellery near the area to be treated should be removed
The Treatment Experience
- First the face is thoroughly cleansed to remove any surface oil
- The peeling agent is then applied for several minutes. With glycolic peels a warm, mild prickling sensation is experienced; with a TCA peel this sensation is much more intense however the solution is only left on the skin for a few minutes before the skin is cooled with cold compresses
- During the process your face will be cooled with a special 'Cryo' machine to ensure the procedure is as comfortable as possible
Post Treatment Advice
- Superficial peels result in mild facial redness and occasional swelling which usually resolve within 48 hours. The peeling is similar to sunburn. Most people can continue their normal activities. Make-up can be applied a few hours after the procedure
- Moderate depth TCA peels result in a more intense redness immediately after the treatment and some mild swelling. Your face will feel tight and the skin will go darker for a day or two after the peel. Peeling typically begins on day 3 after the procedure and can last 3-5 days. Most people take a week off from work after a moderate depth peel
Looking after your skin after the peel
- Cold compresses can be used after the treatment to cool any initial discomfort
- Cleanse your face twice a day with a sensitive/mild cleanser and pat dry with a soft towel
- You will be provided with a special moisturiser to encourage skin repair. This moisturiser can be applied as often as needed
- Do not pick! Picking delays healing and causes scarring
- Make-up can be applied when peeling is complete
- Avoid/Protect your skin from the sun. You will be provided with a special broad spectrum sunscreen for use after your peel
- Do not use saunas, steam rooms or have hot baths or hot showers for 48 hours after the treatment. You may have a sensitivity to heat for up to 2 days after the treatment
Skin Peels Pricing
|Superficial glycolic peel||£100|
|Course of 4 glycolic peels (SAVE £50)||£350|
|Medium TCA (30%) peel||£445|