Ultimate Skin Perfection
PIXEL™ Laser Skin Resurfacing/Rejuvenation lifts years away from your face and stimulates new collagen to grow. This safe non-invasive laser procedure restores the healthy, flawless skin of your youth with minimal downtime.
If you've considered laser skin resurfacing, dermabrasions or deep chemical peels, but hesitated because of the extended recovery time or anesthesia required Pixel might be the right solution for you.
- It improves skin complexion, texture and tone, acne scars and wrinkles on all areas of the body.
- This a very safe, FDA approved, procedure using the latest laser technology
- All our laser technician staff are highly skilled and trained
Book a free initial no-risk consultation
We offer an initial free, no obligation consultation where we can address any concerns and questions you may have regarding the treatment. We can offer our expert advice on what options are available for you to deliver the desired result.
Pixel Skin Resurfacing before & after photos
- Before & After
What you need to know about the Pixel Fractional Laser Resurfacing
The confusion surrounding aesthetic treatments is not just due to the media hype but also the large volume of misinformation that can be found on the Internet.
At The Aesthetic MediSpa we aim to provide you with clear, direct facts about aesthetic treatments and at the same time dispel any myths surrounding these types of treatments.
What is Pixel?
The Pixel Laser Skin Rejuvenation/Resurfacing is the latest approach to improving skin, complexion, texture, tone and acne scars and wrinkles using fractional resurfacing. This FDA-approved treatment represents the best of both worlds for skin resurfacing: it combines the proven effectiveness of an ablative approach (aggressive lasers that remove the outer layer of skin) with the client comfort and convenience of a non-ablative approach (lasers that do not remove the outer layer of skin).
How does it work?
With the pixel technology the laser is delivered in columns rather than layers, creating micro-thermal treatment zones (MTZ). These pixelated MTZs penetrate deep into the skin removing the epidermis and upper dermis, but leaving surrounding tissues untouched and intact. The treated pixels trigger the body’s natural healing process stimulating the growth of new healthy skin tissue and increased collagen formation, with the small bridges of untreated areas acting as a reservoir for more effective and rapid tissue healing and collagen production. The result is new healthier, smoother tissues in place of skin imperfections.
What areas can be treated?
Unlike traditional ablative lasers, used only on the face, the safer Pixel laser can be used on the face, neck, chest, arms and hands. The safety of Pixel means that it is also suitable for delicate thin-skinned areas such as the eyelids and décolletage, giving it a wider scope of treatment. Whilst the Pixel laser is suitable for most skin types we do not recommend that it is used on Fitzpatrick skin type VI; i.e., very dark skin tones such as Afro-Caribbean and African black skin. We would be happy to advise alternative treatments suitable for darker, FP VI skin types.
What does the process involve?
During your free consultation with the medical practitioner a full medical history will be taken to assess your suitability, and the benefits and potential side effects will be discussed in full. At The Aesthetic MediSpa your comfort is our priority so we have invested in a special cooling machine, known as a Cryo 6, which cools the skin as it is being treated so there is little or no discomfort during the treatment.
What will I look like after the treatment?
Immediately after the treatment your skin may feel feel warm and appear red. You may also experience a little swelling in the treated area for 1-2 days. As the new skin replaces the treated tissue, your skin may flake- a sign that the skin rejuvenation is occurring. The extent of the redness, swelling and flaking will largely depend on the intensity or your treatment, which will be jointly decided between your self and the medical practitioner prior to each of your treatment sessions.
How many treatments are needed and how long does it take to see a result?
Depending upon the severity and extent of the condition being treated a course of 3-5 treatments every 2-4 weeks is normally recommended. Your practitioner will be able to create an appropriate treatment regime for you. Your skin will look better within days following the treatment and results steadily improve over the next few months.
Your visit to The Aesthetic MediSpa
- On arrival to The Aesthetic MediSpa all new patients will be asked to complete a confidential patient registration and medical history form and all existing patients will need to confirm if there have been any changes to their medical history or personal details since their last visit.
- At The Aesthetic MediSpa we use the very latest technologies, not only for our treatments but in all aspects of our clinic. You will therefore be asked to complete your details using an ipad provided. If you prefer however, you can complete your details using paper format and we will happily computerise your details for you.
- Your initial visit to The Aesthetic MediSpa begins with a FREE, no obligation consultation, which typically last for around 30 minutes.
- Our highly experienced Aesthetic practitioner, who is a Laser specialist, will carry out your consultation.
- Your consultation will begin by listening to and understanding your concerns and requirements and discussing how best we can meet and exceed your expectations.
- The treatment, together with the benefits and any potential risks of the treatment will be discussed.
- You will have ample opportunity to ask questions during your consultation, which will be answered honestly and openly.
- There is no obligation to book the treatment with us after your consultation and you will not be rushed into making a decision.
Can I have a consultation and treatment on the same day?
- Prior to all Laser treatments a patch test is required before your first treatment and this can be carried out immediately after your consultation.
- A patch test is a skin test to ensure that the laser parameters are appropriate for your skin type.
- It is advised that your wait a minimum of 48 hours after your patch test prior to your first treatment.
Pre Treatment Advice
- In order to obtain the best results from your treatment and minimise the risks of side effects, it is important to follow the advice given.
- Pixel works best in well-hydrated skin, so increase your oral intake of fluids and moisturise your skin well for a few days leading up to the treatment.
- Make-up, perfume or deodorant should be removed from the area to be treated prior to your appointment.
- Jewellery near the area to be treated should be removed.
- Inform us if there has been any change in your medical history or medication you are taking since your last visit.
Post Treatment Advice
- Immediately after the treatment the area will feel hot and red like sunburn. You may also experience swelling. This is normal. The swelling typically subsides within 12-24 hours and the redness resolves over the next few days depending on the intensity of your treatment and your skin type.
- The application of cold compresses after the treatment is recommended.
- if required, analgesia e.g. paracetamol, aspirin or ibruprofen can be taken.
- Do not apply products with "active ingredients" during the course of the treatment. This includes, but is not limited to, Retin A/Retinol, Obagi products, anti-ageing creams, exfoliants etc. These products can irritate the skin and induce discolouration to your newly treated skin.
- Cleanse your face with cool water and a mild cleanser during the first few days.
- Makeup application should be kept to a minimum. Mineral based face powders are the most appropriate to use.
- A broad-spectrum sunscreen, which is available from our clinics, must be used at all times during UV exposure to your treated skin. Apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes prior to exposure to ensure protection and reapply every 2 hours whilst outside.
- For a week after your treatment you are advised to use a moisturiser/medical grade cream designed specifically for laser treated skin (available to purchase from our clinics). These creams aid in the healing process of your skin by soothing and reducing redness and irritation, locking in moisture and reducing the chance of any bacterial infection. These products can be used as often as required.
- A few days after your treatment your skin will feel dry, rough, patchy and darker. This is normal. It will resolve on its own over the next few days.
- A week after your treatment you may return to your previous skin care regime. We will be happy to suggest a skin care regime for you to maximise the benefits of your treatment.
- Do not wax any treated area for ten days after your treatment.
- Avoid touching your face or other treated areas unnecessarily and when you do make sure your hands are clean so you do not contaminate your recently treated skin.
- Most Pixel treatments require a course of treatments carried out at specific time intervals. We therefore recommend that you book your next treatment several weeks in advance so we can provide you with the most convenient appointment time for you.
- A text reminder will also be sent to you 48 hours prior to your treatment date.
- Please inform our staff if you do not wish to receive reminder text messages.
Pixel Skin Resurfacing Pricing
|Patch test (redeemable against treatment cost)||£30|
|Face and neck||£600|
Purchase a course of 3 treatments and receive 25% off the 3rd treatment
Purchase a course of 5 treatments and get a 75% off the 5th treatment
To call and book your appointment with a member of our team please telephone:
Appointment Request Form
All emails include an unsubscribe link. You may opt-out at any time.