Freshen up and regenerate from within!
For over 20 years PRP was extensively used in sports medicine and orthopedics to heal injuries. With that knowledge and research we can apply PRP to Aesthetic Medicine, using The Aesthetic MediSpa’s dedication and experience to perfect the ultimate and desired look.
PRP is a completely natural way to rejuvenate, plump and tighten your skin using your bodies’ own natural resources.
- The treatment is painless using our state of the art U225 Mesogun
- Improves the tone and texture of your skin, naturally replacing lost volume
- You can return to your everyday activities immediate
- Extensively trained and experienced Doctor led team
Book a free initial no-risk consultation
We offer an initial free, no obligation consultation where we can address any concerns and questions you may have regarding the treatment. We can offer our expert advice on what options are available for you to deliver the desired result.
What you need to know about Platelet Rich Plasma.
The confusion surrounding aesthetic treatments is not just due to the media hype but also the large volume of misinformation that can be found on the Internet.
At The Aesthetic MediSpa we aim to provide you with clear, direct facts about aesthetic treatments and at the same time dispel any myths surrounding these types of treatments.
What is Platelet Rich Protein Therapy?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a very natural way to treat lines and wrinkles, increase volume to the face and rejuvenate the skin purely by using your body’s own serum. Due to using the patient’s own blood, the procedure is often referred to as the ‘Vampire Facial’, or the ‘Dracula’ face-lift.
Why Does PRP Work?
Platelets are a specialized type of blood cell. Blood is made up of 93% red cells (RBCs), 6% platelets, 1% white blood cells (WBCs), and plasma. By taking your own blood and spinning it in a centrifuge the different blood components can be separated, allowing plasma rich in platelets to be drawn off. Although platelets are typically associated with clot formation they are also very much involved in injury healing because they naturally extremely rich in connective tissue growth factors.
PRP is therefore simply your own blood modified in a way to produce mega doses of your body’s own healing chemicals or proteins, known as Growth Factors and it is these growth factors that are beneficial for increasing collagen formation, connective tissue formation, skin tightening, and overall rejuvenation.
The results are improved skin elasticity, plumper, smoother skin and a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
What areas can be treated?
For over 20 years PRP was extensively used in sports medicine and orthopedics to heal injuries. With that knowledge and research we can apply PRP to Aesthetic Medicine. By placing PRP into the skin, fibroblasts and other cells can be stimulated to a more youthful function. Areas like crepey skin under the eyes and necks can show dramatic improvement and troublesome upper lip lines also improve. Overall, the general texture and turgor of the skin will improve resulting in a softening of lines and wrinkles.
What does the process involve?
During your free consultation with the Doctor a full medical history will be taken to assess your suitability, and the benefits and potential side effects will be discussed in full. We start by applying an anaesthetic cream to the area to be treated e.g. face, décolletage or hands so any discomfort is minimal. Blood is then taken from the patient in exactly the same way that blood is taken for a standard blood test. The blood is then spun in a centrifuge, which separates out the blood cells, serum and platelets. The PRP fraction is then injected back into the face or in the area that requires rejuvenation (for example the décolletage or backs of the hands) using a very fine needle or the painfree Meso gun.
What will I look like after the treatment?
Immediately after the procedure the area may be red, slightly swollen and some patients can experience mild bruising but these symptoms will subside over the following 24 hours.
How long does it take to see a result and how long does it last?
For those people aware of their skin texture and structure they may notice some early changes within a few weeks. PRP Therapy is however a gradual process with changes continue to show for three to six months after the last treatment.
Typically, the effects of PRP therapy last approximately 18-24 months, however there will be variations from one person to the next. There is no reason however that after your initial course of PRP therapy that the treatment cannot be repeated a few times a year to boost and lengthen the effect of the initial course of treatments. Since you are using your own tissue there is no problem with continued use.
How many treatments are required?
We recommend a course of 3 treatments carried out every 2-4 weeks.
What are the side effects?
There may be some short-lasting redness of the skin following injection of the platelet rich plasma – PRP with a Mesogun. Bruising is also a possibility when a fine needle is used to place the PRP into the skin. This may take a few days or so to resolve.
Your visit to The Aesthetic MediSpa
- On arrival to The Aesthetic MediSpa all new patients will be asked to complete a confidential patient registration and medical history form and all existing patients will need to confirm if there have been any changes to their medical history or personal details since their last visit.
- At The Aesthetic MediSpa we use the very latest technologies, not only for our treatments but in all aspects of our clinic. You will therefore be asked to complete your details using an ipad provided. If you prefer however, you can complete your details using paper format and we will happily computerise your details for you.
- Your initial visit to The Aesthetic MediSpa begins with a FREE, no obligation consultation, which typically last for around 30 minutes.
- Your consultation will be carried out by our highly experienced Aesthetic Doctor, who has been practising Aesthetic Medicine exclusively for over 15 years.
- Your consultation will begin by listening to and understanding your concerns and requirements and discussing how best we can meet and exceed your expectations.
- The various treatment options, together with the benefits and any potential risks of the treatment will be discussed.
- You will have ample opportunity to ask questions during your consultation, which will be answered honestly and openly.
- There is no obligation to book the treatment with us after your consultation and you will not be rushed into making a decision.
Can I have a consultation and treatment on the same day?
- We appreciate that many of our patients have very busy schedules or travel a significant distance to attend our clinics and have often done significant research regarding the treatment prior to their consultation. It is therefore possible to carry out a treatment such as Botox immediately after the consultation.
- If you think you may wish to proceed with the treatment after the consultation then please advise our staff at the time of booking your consultation so we can adjust your appointment time accordingly.
- Please note that if you book an appointment for a consultation and treatment and you want to think about the treatment further after the consultation, then there is absolutely no obligation to proceed with the treatment.
Pre Treatment advice
- As with all needle based treatments there is always a small possibility of bruising after your treatment. To reduce this risk we advise that you do not take anti-inflammatory pain killers (e.g. Aspirin, Ibruprofen Nurofen, Voltarol) or St Johns Wart or Vitamin E supplements, for at least a week before your treatment, as they all increase your tendency towards bleeding.
- Alcohol will also increase your tendency towards bleeding therefore we advise you to refrain from alcohol for 24 hours.
- 40 mins before your treatment an anaesthetic cream will be applied to the area being treated. At subsequent visits, for your convenience, we can supply you with anaesthetic cream for you to apply at home before you attend for your treatment.
- Before your treatment you will be provided with a detailed consent form which you will be asked to read and sign.
Post Treatment advice
- After your treatment apply a cold pack to the treated area
- It is normal for there to be some redness to the skin and mild bruising can also occur.
- Mineral make-up can be applied after your treatment so you can resume your normal daily activities immediately.
- A course of 3 treatments every 2-4 weeks is recommended.
- For your convenience we recommend that you book all your appointments at the time of starting your treatment
- Our text reminder service will also remind you when your next treatment is due.
- Please inform our staff if you do not wish to receive reminder text messages.
PRP Vampire Therapy Pricing
|PRP||Course of 3 Treatments SAVE £200||£925|
|PRP with Mesotherapy||Per Treatment||£450|
|PRP with Mesotherapy||Course of 3 Treatments SAVE £250||£1100|
Full Face & Neck
|PRP||Course of 3 Treatments SAVE £250||£1100|
|PRP with Mesotherapy||Per Treatment||£500|
|PRP with Mesotherapy||Course of 3 Treatments SAVE £300||£1200|
|PRP||Course of 3 Treatments SAVE £200||£1000|
|PRP with Mesotherapy||Per Treatment||£470|
|PRP with Mesotherapy||Course of 3 Treatments SAVE £275||£1150|
To call and book your appointment with a member of our team please telephone:
Appointment Request Form
All emails include an unsubscribe link. You may opt-out at any time.